How to Access / Use CINAHL CEU Modules
The following information is provided in a condensed version. A detailed version, along with pictures can be found at http://support.ebsco.com/knowledge_base/detail.php?id=4056
1. From the CINAHL search screen, click Advanced Search, then place a check in the box for CE Module and then click Search.
2. A result list of available CE Modules will be displayed. Click on the CE Module link to retrieve the CE Module you would like to study.
3. A new window will open. The first time you access a CINAHL CE Module you must set up an account by clicking on the Pre-registration link.
4. Fill out the Pre-Registration form in order to access the CE Modules. Note: You will receive an email with an ‘unlock code’ before you can enroll.
5. After enrolling with your emailed ‘unlock code’, you will see a CINAHL disclaimer. Click the Accept link at the bottom of the screen after reading the disclaimer to continue.
6. After accepting the disclaimer, you will be able to access the CE Module you selected. To access the Course Materials, click the link at the bottom of the page.
7. The Course Materials for your CE Module will be displayed.
8. For more information on the CE Module process, click the How To Use button.
9. Click Interactive Review to take a practice test. When you are finished reviewing the Course Materials and have taken the practice test, click Take Test to take the test to receive Continuing Education Credits.
10. Fill out your personal profile, including your state or nationally issued license number. If you do not have a license number, type in student. This personal profile allows your continuing education credits to be credited to you and records are maintained. Then click Take Test.
11. You will have only two opportunities to take the test and pass it. If you do not pass on the first attempt, you will be given 72 hours to review the materials again and take the test. After passing the test you will be issued a certificate which you may download and/or print.
NOTE: If you have taken and failed with both attempts you will not be given credit and you will not receive CEU credits. You may, however, select a different CE module for study and take its exam when you are ready.
CINAHL Education certificates are good for 2 full years from the date of completion. Check with your state’s governing body for specific information covering your area of practice. Transcripts may be requested by writing to the address given below. You must provide a photocopy of your current license and a telephone number where you can be contacted during business hours along with your request.
CINAHL Information Systems
1509 Wilson Terrace
Glendale, CA 91206
You may also request transcripts by faxing your request, license, and telephone number to FAX (818) 546-5679